Course seeks to equip educators with the knowledge and skills necessary to work with a range of students from K-12th grade in both the general education and special education settings. This course will demonstrate some class wide and school wide positive behavioral supports that will help teachers to teach more and handle discipline less.
1. Understand the effects of positive vs. negative behavioral supports.
2. Develop a comprehensive positive behavioral support system for use in their classrooms.
3. Use various problem solving methods and the conflict management techniques to keep students learning in the classroom.
4. Understand various styles of reinforcement and gain competence in looking for positives in the classroom.
5. Acquire insight into Behavior Intervention Plans for special needs students.
Evaluation of Student Learning:
It is anticipated that all students will satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities and or assignments.
1. Satisfactory completion of all reading materials
2. Completion of all in-class and homework assignments
3. Completion of a positive behavioral support system that will work in the environment the student’s current environment.
Presenter: Charla Heddin